Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

room in my heart.

Eleven years ago when Hayden was a baby, there was this moment, sitting all together in our tiny first home, when my husband said to me, "I don't know how we can possibly love another child as much as we love our little boy."

He had bright blue eyes, huge cheeks that dimpled when he smiled, and a perfect part on his blond hair. I may never forget that day. When it seemed, there could only be room in my heart for one, sweet, little boy.

But motherhood, and love, well -- they are both flexible. They bend, they stretch, and somehow, the room you thought was never there -- ends up being there all along.

If you get lucky to meet a second or a third ...your heart will grown...again and again.

And when you meet that new little person, you will say, "I have loved you all along."

No comments:

Post a Comment