Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

writing a book...

Each night I write after the kids go to bed. Lately it is all I am thinking about. I wish I could stay up for hours on end without sleep! For now though, I look forward to the weekends where I have a block of time that I can get the words out of my head and on the page. This weekend I printed out chapter 6, one of the ones I have been working on editing. Hayden, my 12 year old son, found the copy and read it. He said, "Mom! This is really good!!" Ahhhh sooo so so so so happy to have his opinion. He is the first one to have read any of it, and it meant a lot that he was moved and wanted to read more. Next step is to finish going through the first ten chapters, making changes and adding more dialog, then having a few people read it to see if it is interesting enough to keep them hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment