Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Meeting Geena Davis

On Saturday I traveled to Park City to review the movie "Miss Representation". This being my first time covering Sundance as a reporter, I was very excited to see anyone famous. It's true. Call me shallow, but there are a few out there that I really wanted to meet. After the movie I waited for Geena Davis to exit, then walked right up to her in her fancy silver moon boots, stuck out my hand, and introduced myself. Two sentences later it felt like she was my new long lost friend. Well, not quite, but close. She was warm and friendly and also, very tall. All things I like. She said that young girls still come up to her and tell her that her role in "A League of Their Own" is what has inspired them to play sports. So, call celebrities what you will, but if they can influence for the good -- then they deserve the applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment